Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The 5 WACKEST rappers out right now


**The Street Evol does not necessarily endorse all the views and opinions of our Featured writers, but we do endorse freedom of speech! so with that enjoy!** 

Top 5 reasons Hip-Hop has become WACK
AKA the 5 Wackest rappers out right now
by:D West
Hello World!

It’s your man D. West here, first thing I want to do is say that I am so proud and honored to have the opportunity to be a part of The Street Evol movement. I hope I can live up to the reputation and make the team as proud of me as I am to be a part of them.
That being said, today I want to talk about the 5 reasons hip-hop has become wack…aka the 5 wackest rappers in the game right now. Some of you will agree, and some of you won’t. But hey, this is my column and my opinion so if you don’t like it, don’t read it…wait, let me rephrase…if you don’t like it comment on it and tell us why. Anyway, enough grab ass, let’s get to it...I give you, in no specific order, the top 5 reasons hip-hop has become wack…aka…the 5 wackest rappers in the game right now.


5.) Young Money (Unless you’re Drake, but INCLUDING Wayne and Birdman)
I know I’m gonna catch shit for this one but hear me out: Crews never, ever, ever, work. This is a message for any rapper out who wants to put on his homeboys…you’re homeboys are WACK! That’s why you were the one to blow up…and shit you may even be wack (Wayne), but you at least had the hustle to get out there and make it happen. People have a hard enough time making it through your mumbling, incoherent album...let alone a 17 track turd sandwich that has all your boys who normally sing the lyrics to your songs onstage when you’re too fucked up to perform, rapping their wack ass lyrics over some stale cookie cutter ass beat. Young Money is so wack that I don’t even know all their names…I know Mack Mane, only because of his position in the company. The you’ve got Nicki Manaj…I could write a whole column on how lame she is, but all I’ll say is I find it hard to listen to someone rap when their voice is changing more than a drug dealers cell phone. You’ve got Tyga…weren’t you on Fueled by Ramen or Decaydance before this? Birdman…Birdman just stop fucking rapping! And then there’s the leader…Weezy F. Baby…look I can’t deny how Wayne’s skills have grown since say his Hot Boyz dayz…I mean days…but still when people have the nerve to tell me how great his metaphors are I have to laugh…Wayne’s metaphors are like a kindergarten class…”I’m high like the sky” “My grass is so green”, I mean they’re not really even metaphors…I was listening to his most recent album “I Am Not A Human Being” last week, and heard this gem off the albums lead single “Right Above It” - - “and I smoke till I got chest pains/ and you know I rep my gang like Jesse James/ women are possessive and they wanna possess Wayne/ I’ve been fly so long I fell asleep on the fucking plaaaannnneee//” I think I’ve said enough…



4.) Waka Flocka
I could just reference his name and be done. His name is the matches his skills. I mean how the fuck did he even come up with this name? Was he watching “The Great Muppet Caper” and heard Fozzie Bear make a joke and was like “Aye nigga! Dat’s a good ass rap name right dere! Waka…now to find some shit that rhymes wit dat! Ummm acka, backa, cacka, docka, e..e…I’ll come back to dat shit, flocka…oh shit! Aye my nigga! Flocka! Hell yea! BOW!”? The one thing I can’t deny is the power of his single “No Hands” featuring Wale, and Roscoe Dash from 2010’s “Flockaveli” album, I mean the shit was a hit…oh I just wrote a good rhyme for him. And I mean really? Flockaveli? I think that speaks for itself…




3.) The Black Eyed Peas
I don’t even know if this is fair because at this point they’re more pop than hip-hop, but because they’re based in hip-hop I think I’m safe here. I can’t deny that they make hits. But the issue here isn’t if hits are being made. Everyone on this list has had hits. There isn’t ONE decent emcee in the entire group. You’ve got the Ape-Man who does karate moves when he raps, you’ve got the little one from India or the Philippines or whatever who if I remember correctly his name is Pine-Apple or Grape-Ape or something to do with fruit, you’ve got Fergie-Ferg, who is always rapping about how raw and real, and hood she is, but when the choice came down to which “Transformers” star to marry who’d she pick? Tad Hamilton (Josh Duhamel)! Not Roman Peirce (Tyrese Gibson). And then of course we have the mastermind, Will.i.Am. His beats all sound like they should be coming out of 10 foot tall speakers at a warehouse rave, his lyrics are just as god awful, and I don’t care what anyone says I find the mans style goofy more so than anything else. For the longest time he dressed like a little black German mountain climber, and now it seems he just dresses outlandishly just to try and stay relevant…and didn’t they use the hook from the theme song from “Dirty Dancing” on their latest single…yeah…


2.) Soulja Boy Tell Em’
I’m sure everyone knew that this was coming. I hate when I tell people I think Soulja Boy is wack and they have the nerve to tell me I’m a “hater.” You know what? Fuck it…I am a hater…I hate wack ass music with no thought or talent involved. “Soulja Boy is young and getting money dog!” Ok guess what? So is Justin Beiber and that kid gets plenty of shit shoveled at him day in and day out. I mean at least Justin Beiber can blow. SOULJA BOY CANT RAP! Now that doesn’t take away from the fact that the guy makes catchy ass hooks, I’ll give that to him, but his lyrics are absolute garbage, lets break down and analyze one of his prize gems from last year’s hit “Pretty Boy Swag” off his “The DeAndre Way” album - - “Get out the way…Pretty boy comin' though/Me and my crew/ we swaggin in the room//Girls on my heavy/'cause I look so sexy/Yellow diamond shawty in the club straight flexin//I'm lookin' for a yellow bone long haired star/Thick in the hips come and get in my car/You party with a star/we take off and go to mars//Pretty boy take off in 5.4.3.2.1…” Before you ask yes this dumb asshole rhymed “star” with “star”. This is even worse than rhyming “star” with “car”. I don’t know maybe I’m being too hard on him…maybe I just don’t get it because I’ve lost touch with the youth that Soulja Boy reaches…no…I think he’s just fucking wack.

1.)    Plies
Ok, you know something is wrong when DMX says you’re the worst rapper ever…and not “It’s Dark And Hell Is Hot” DMX, not even “Who We Be” DMX, but cracked out, white lipped, Arizona living, Dog grave digging, ashy knuckled, half hair cutted, king cobra drinking, “Lord Give Me A Sign” DMX. First Plies came out in the way most hard core southern rappers come out…with a ghetto love song. I’m still not quite sure what a “ Bust it Baby” is exactly, and the reason I’m not sure is because I can’t understand a fucking word that comes out of Plies grilled mouth…he’s always screaming at me. I’ve never heard a rapper who can mumble and scream all at the same time but this guy has managed to figure out a way. I haven’t referenced Plies albums or song names because I’ve never listened to Plies albums. And I never will. I would rather listen to ABBA for a week, then listen to Plies album once. I would rather lick a petri dish with the Ebola virus than listen to Plies album. I would rather spend a day in a steel box with Rick Ross after Taco Bell night for 6 hours than listen to Plies album. You know how before I at least gave everyone a little credit? Well I’m not gonna do that this time. Plies has no talent. And that’s all I got. If he has a problem I would invite him to respond here on The Street Evol.

Well that’s it guys. I hope you’ve enjoyed our trek through why hip-hop has become wack…aka…the 5 wackest rappers. Feel free to comment either to agree or disagree, either here, or get at me on twitter @dWestisLike. Shout out to Cliff Elder and CJ Amadi for allowing me some space on their blog.
And As always…The Street Evol is Street Love
Ghost



STREET EVOL IS STREET LOVE!




contact us!
Email: thestreetevol@gmail.com
Facebook.com/thestreetevol
Twitter @theStreetEvol 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha can't hate on wayne he is like #1 right now, black eyed peas..ehhh dope in a different kinda way..

    but yeah Waka, Souja fag and Flies are terrible lmao... nice article, keep up the good work y'all

    ReplyDelete