Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2012 XXL Freshman Cover & the Hip Hop Reaction!


ITS HERE!!! Hate it or love it people still go Ape Sh*t over this cover.... positively or negatively.
Don't believe me check out below.

Azealia Banks: Iggy Azalea on the XXL freshman list is all wrong. How can you endorse a white woman who called herself a “runaway slave master ” ? Whatever. Sorry guys. But I’m pro black girl. I’m not anti white girl, but I’m also not here for any1 outside of my culture trying to trivialize very serious aspects of it. In any capacity. *kanye shrug* If u hate my music now because of how I feel about this then I guess it’s my loss. I’ll take that loss.

Chip tha Ripper: I think everyone Knows that XXL sux. COMPLEX MAGIZINE is Entertainment. Being on XXL Freshman list is NOT a good look. At all. I turned them down. Oh yea I turned down their “Show & Prove” offer too. Lol. This is the most fun I ever had on the Internet. I love y’all. Now….. Back to making wayyyyyyyy better music. I’m not “Hating” on any artists on the cover. Some of them I like. I don’t hear y’all? Where’s all that talk? Lol. Exactly! I’m Better. Not Bitter.

Casey Veggies: lol.

Roscoe Dash: Thank u to everyone who’s supporting even tho I been doin this it’s good to finally get some recognition #shoutout to @XXLStaff

Tyler the Creator: Niggas Dont Even Read Magazines Anymore Really, A Week From Now It Wont Matter At All. I Did Fine Without That ‘List’ Haha. Im Asian. That List Is Like A Curse…Only 2 People Last. Im Happy I Never Got It, I Dont Wanna Be A Failure Come 22 Haha.

Chevy Woods: Don’t even trip on the @XXLStaff freshman cover cause my work won’t stop and the good tunes will continue..Congrats to the all the artist!! Hahahahaha people are pissed about who did or who didn’t make it hahahahaha I just always express…. #Work mane that won’t stop Relax! On some real shit though just to be thought of for a list of upcoming MC’s is a blessing…..Two years ago I was still Trappin hahahaha

MGK: Let mufuckas say whatever they want about any accomplishment we get, but even haters know me and my fans earned the fuck out of that cover. I’m happy as fuck for my city and for my fans. They let a Cleveland boy on the cover of XXL. LACE UP!!!

Talib Kweli (jokingly, obviously): I didn’t make the XXL freshman list? This is bullshit!

Skotch Davis: Its Just A List & Its Only Twitter. $.D. Azelia Banks > Iggy Any Day Tho.. $.D. Opinion Is Not Gospel. Gospel Is More Like Testimony Or Being A Witness. Closer To Truth. We’re All Dwelling In Our Opinion. $.D. I Think I Was Left Off The XXL Cover For Crossing Up @AdamXXL At The #Masaryk Gym.. My Bad Bro.. Show & Prove Maybe?! Lol.. I’m Enjoying My Life & My Creativity Too Much These Days To Get Caught Up In A Cover. Besides.. I’ve Been Page 3 For Years Already! $.D.

XV: I’ve been a topic of discussion for 3 years when it comes to #XXLFreshman. That alone is amazing to me, becuz I’m still here and grinding. No reason to be mad. That’s an amazing thing. There are ppl that were on the cover before, that aren’t topics of discussion anymore. We had the chance to put me on the cover too. #SQUARIANS we just gotta speak louder this year! We have a lot to say! Lets fuqqin GO!!!!Besides, French Montana wore the exact bear head jacket I was gonna wear if I got on the cover, sooooooooo…catastrophe avoided. Phew!

Schoolboy Q: Dey got niggaHz on tHat cover lookin like Pokemon and sHit, dats fucked up lol #myHatinjoint

Kid Ink: I feel so blessed…

Macklemore: Huge thanks to @XXLStaff……And shout out to everyone that’s on the cover and everyone that was nominated. Respect.

Iggy Azalea: You can’t block my blessings! Today I’m celebrating! Get with it or kick rocks! Azaleans I love you and I told you we are here to stay! Don’t bother including my @ name in any of ur salty thoughts either cause… I’m #blockinthatass today!!!! I’m on that cover as the ppls choice, AZALEANS made it happen and we aren’t going away. First female freshman. Ever. Period. Thanks world! I used to stick XXL on my bedroom door, now I’m on the cover. Life is great. S/O to all the female rappers. Me being on the cover is a win for the ladies too. We aren’t making a comeback… We never left!

No comments:

Post a Comment